Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken Recipe: A Delightful Twist to a Classic Dish
If you are looking for a tasty and unique chicken recipe, look no further than Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken. This dish is a perfect blend of tangy and sweet flavors that will satisfy your taste buds. It is versatile and can be served as a main dish or as a side dish. Whether you are cooking for your family or for a group of friends, this recipe is sure to please. In this article, we will discuss the ingredients and steps involved in making this delectable Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken recipe.
Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken Recipe
The ingredients for this recipe are readily available and easy to find at any grocery store. Here are the ingredients you need for Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken:
– 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– Salt and pepper
– 1 egg, beaten
– 1/2 cup water
– Vegetable oil for frying
– 1 can sliced peaches, drained and chopped
– 1/2 cup ketchup
– 1/4 cup white vinegar
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 tablespoon cold water
Steps to Make Sweet And Sour Peach Chicken Recipe
Follow these easy steps to make Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken:
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
2. In another bowl, mix beaten egg and water.
3. Dip chicken pieces into the flour mixture, then dip them into the egg mixture.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan until hot. Fry chicken pieces until they are golden brown. Remove from the oil and set aside.
5. To make the sweet and sour peach sauce, combine peach, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
6. Whisk 1 tablespoon of cornstarch into 1 tablespoon of cold water. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan and whisk. The mixture should thicken.
7. Add fried chicken into the saucepan and toss it until the chicken is coated with the sauce.
8. Serve hot with rice or your choice of sides.
The Flavor of Sweet And Sour Peach Chicken Recipe
The combination of peaches, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce gives this dish a sweet and tangy flavor. The chicken is fried to a crispy golden brown before being mixed with the sauce, which makes the dish more flavorful and adds texture. The aroma of this dish is hard to resist and is sure to make your mouth water. It can be a perfect dinner option for any season.
Health Benefits of Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken
Chicken is a lean source of protein that is essential for the maintenance and repair of body tissues. The addition of peaches and brown sugar provides the dish with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium. This dish is also low in fat and calories compared to other fried dishes.
How to Customize the Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken Recipe
The recipe for Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken is very versatile, and you can add your own twist to it. You can swap out the chicken for pork or shrimp, or even make it into a vegetarian dish by using tofu instead. You can also adjust the amount of sauce as per your preference. You can make it sweeter by adding more brown sugar or tangier by adding more vinegar. Adding diced peppers can also add a subtle flavor and crunch.
Tips for Making Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken Recipe
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken:
1. Make sure to coat the chicken well with the flour mixture and the egg mixture to get a crisp outer coating.
2. Use a thermometer to ensure that the oil is up to temperature before frying.
3. Cook the chicken in batches to prevent overcrowding and to ensure that every piece is cooked through.
4. Drain fried chicken on a paper towel before adding it to the sauce to keep it crispy.
Sweet and Sour Peach Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is sure to become a favorite among family and friends. It provides a perfect balance of sweet and sour flavors that everyone loves. The addition of peaches makes it a fruity twist on a classic dish. It’s a great, healthy option for a weekend dinner or a weekday meal. We hope you enjoy this recipe and experiment with your own twists to make it more personalized.