The Ultimate Oh-So-Gooey Mac And Cheese Lasagna Recipe
Do you love mac and cheese and lasagna, but simply can’t decide which one to make for dinner? Well, this oh-so-gooey mac and cheese lasagna recipe is the perfect solution! With layers of macaroni and a cheesy, flavorful sauce, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite. So, let’s dive into the recipe and see how it’s done!
To make this delicious oh-so-gooey mac and cheese lasagna recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
Step 1: Cook the Macaroni
First, preheat the oven to 375°F. Then, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the macaroni and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Step 2: Make the Cheese Sauce
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk constantly for about 1 minute, until a thick paste forms. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Add the garlic and onion powders, salt and black pepper to taste. Cook the sauce for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until thick and creamy. Add the grated cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese, whisking until melted and smooth.
Step 3: Assemble the Lasagna
Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread a layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of the dish. Add a layer of macaroni on top of the marinara sauce, then add a layer of cheese sauce on top of the macaroni. Repeat the layers with the remaining macaroni, cheese sauce, and marinara sauce, making sure to end with a layer of cheese sauce. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs on top of the cheese sauce and drizzle with olive oil.
Step 4: Bake the Lasagna
Bake the lasagna in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes to set. Garnish with fresh basil leaves before serving (optional).
- To make the cheese sauce thicker, reduce the amount of milk by half and add more cheese.
- You can use any type of pasta you like, such as penne or rotini, instead of elbow macaroni.
- If you like a spicier dish, add some red pepper flakes or hot sauce to the cheese sauce.
- You can customize the recipe by adding other ingredients to the layers, such as cooked ground beef or sausage, spinach, or mushrooms.
- To make the dish healthier, use whole wheat pasta, low-fat milk and cheese, and skip the panko bread crumbs.
Benefits Of Oh-So-Gooey Mac And Cheese Lasagna
Not only is this oh-so-gooey mac and cheese lasagna recipe delicious and satisfying, it also has some great benefits. Here are a few:
- Macaroni is a good source of carbohydrates, which are our body’s main source of energy.
- Cheese is high in calcium, which is important for strong bones and teeth.
- Marinara sauce is rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that can reduce the risk of certain cancers and heart disease.
- Basil leaves are a good source of vitamin K, which is important for blood clotting and bone health.
In conclusion, this oh-so-gooey mac and cheese lasagna recipe is a great way to enjoy two classic dishes in one delicious and comforting meal. With layers of macaroni, cheesy sauce, and marinara sauce, this lasagna is sure to satisfy even the pickiest eaters. So, give it a try and let us know how it turns out. Happy cooking!