Thai Basil Beef Recipe – A Tasty and Easy-to-Make Dish
If you are a food lover, there’s a good chance that you’ve tasted Thai food. If you’ve tried Thai food, then you must have come across Thai basil beef. Thai basil beef is a popular dish that is commonly made in Thailand. The dish is savory and spicy with a rich aroma that will make your mouth water. This mouth-watering dish is also easy to make at home and does not take much time.
To make Thai basil beef at home, you need a few ingredients that you can easily find in your local grocery store. Here are the ingredients that you’ll need to make Thai basil beef:
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. flank steak, sliced thinly across the grain
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, finely chopped (substitute for red pepper flakes if unavailable)
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
Now that you have all the ingredients ready let’s proceed to the steps to prepare this yummy dish. Follow these simple instructions:
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat until hot.
- Add the steak to the wok/skillet and stir-fry for about 2 minutes until it becomes brown.
- Add the garlic and chili pepper and continue to cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Next, add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and chicken broth.
- Mix all the sauces properly with the beef, garlic, and chili and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the chopped Thai basil leaves, stir it for about a minute until the leaves are wilted and fragrant.
- And voila, your Thai basil beef is now ready to serve!
Variations of the Recipe
There are many variations of this dish that you can try. Here are some of them:
Chicken Thai Basil
This dish can be substituted with chicken for those who don’t prefer beef. Just replace the beef with sliced boneless and skinless chicken, and follow the same method.
Vegan Thai Basil Tofu
If you are a vegetarian, simply replace the beef with sliced tofu, and make sure to use vegetarian oyster sauce instead of the regular one.
Shrimp Thai Basil
Another variation of this dish can be made with shrimp. Replace the beef with peeled and deveined shrimp, and follow the same method.
For serving, you can serve Thai basil beef over rice or plain noodles. You can also make a side dish of stir-fried vegetables such as peppers, broccoli, sugar snap peas, or snow peas that goes well with this dish. Some people also like to serve it with a fried egg on top.
In conclusion, Thai basil beef is a simple and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for busy weeknights. It’s one of the most popular Thai dishes, and now you can make it at home. All you need are a few ingredients and a wok/skillet to prepare this delicious meal. Try it out, and we are sure that you will love it!