Cheesy Prosciutto Pesto Panini Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious lunch recipe that will satisfy your cravings for a cheesy and savory sandwich? Look no further than the Cheesy Prosciutto Pesto Panini! This mouth-watering panini is filled with layers of prosciutto, pesto, and melted cheese, all grilled to perfection between two slices of bread. In this article, we will guide you through the simple steps to create this indulgent, yet simple sandwich that is perfect for a quick lunch or a lazy weekend brunch.
To make the Cheesy Prosciutto Pesto Panini, you’ll need:
– 4 slices of ciabatta bread
– 4 tablespoons of basil pesto
– 4 slices of prosciutto
– 4 slices of provolone cheese
– 2 tablespoons of butter
1. Preheat your panini press or grill pan over medium heat.
2. Slice the ciabatta bread in half horizontally to create 4 sandwich halves.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon of basil pesto on the bottom half of each sandwich.
4. Place one slice of prosciutto on top of the pesto on each sandwich.
5. Add one slice of provolone cheese on top of the prosciutto on each sandwich.
6. Place the top halves of the ciabatta bread on top of each sandwich.
7. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on the top of each sandwich.
8. Place the sandwiches on the panini press or grill pan and cook until the cheese is melted, and the bread is crispy and golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
9. Remove the sandwiches from the panini press or grill pan and let them cool for a few minutes.
10. Slice the sandwiches diagonally and serve warm.
You can modify the Cheesy Prosciutto Pesto Panini recipe by adding different ingredients to fit your taste preferences. Here are some ideas:
– Add roasted red pepper on the sandwich for a slight sweetness.
– Replace the provolone cheese with mozzarella cheese for a more gooey cheese.
– Use a different type of meat such as salami or ham.
This panini may not be the healthiest choice for lunch, but it’s worth treating yourself once in a while! However, you can make it healthier by:
– Using whole-grain bread instead of ciabatta to increase your fiber intake.
– Adding fresh veggies like tomato or lettuce to increase nutrients.
– Reducing the amount of cheese and pesto to decrease calories.
Serving and Pairing:
The Cheesy Prosciutto Pesto Panini is perfect for a quick lunch or a lazy weekend brunch. It pairs well with a side salad, chips, or soup. You can also pair it with a glass of iced tea or lemonade.
– Make sure to spread the pesto evenly across the bread for maximum flavor.
– Don’t overfill the sandwich with meat and cheese as it may make it difficult to cook and grill evenly.
– If you don’t have a panini press, you can use a grill pan or a regular pan and place a weight like a cast iron skillet on top of the sandwich to provide the press effect.
The Cheesy Prosciutto Pesto Panini is a perfect lunch recipe that can be enjoyed by anyone who loves a good sandwich. With the simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you’ll have a delicious and flavorful sandwich that will satisfy your cravings in no time. Whether you prepare it for a quick lunch or a weekend brunch, this recipe is sure to impress your family and friends. So, go ahead and try this recipe today!