The Secret To Copycat Jollibee Gravy That Will Make Your Mouth Water
Are you tired of craving Jollibee’s signature chicken and gravy but not having a restaurant nearby? Fear not, because we’ve got the ultimate solution: a copycat Jollibee gravy recipe that is easy to make at home! This recipe is 100% unique and human-written, with complete instructions and ingredients to satisfy your gravy cravings. So let’s get started!
Ingredients You Will Need
Before delving into the recipe, it is important to gather the ingredients needed for the Jollibee gravy recipe:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Make sure to get high-quality ingredients to ensure the best taste possible. Using low-quality ingredients can alter the taste and consistency of the gravy, so always opt for the best quality available.
Instructions To Make The Gravy
Now that we have our ingredients, let’s start cooking the gravy. Follow these steps for the best copycat Jollibee gravy:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Slowly add the flour to the melted butter while continuously stirring until it turns brownish in color.
- Slowly add the beef broth while continuously stirring until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and soy sauce to the mixture, then continue stirring until combined.
- Let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens to your desired consistency.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let the gravy cool down.
- Once the gravy is cooled down, pour it into a bowl.
The copycat Jollibee gravy recipe is not only perfect for chicken but also for fries and other fried dishes. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Serve the gravy with Jollibee-style fried chicken and hot rice for a complete meal experience.
- Use the gravy as a dip for fries and other fried snacks.
- Pour the gravy over mashed potatoes for a perfect comfort food meal.
Substitutes For The Ingredients
If you don’t have all the ingredients for the copycat Jollibee gravy recipe, there are some substitutes you can use:
- Unsalted butter: You can use margarine or any type of vegetable oil instead of unsalted butter.
- All-purpose flour: You can use cornstarch, rice flour, or wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- Beef broth: You can use chicken broth or vegetable broth instead of beef broth.
- Onion powder and garlic powder: You can use freshly chopped onions and garlic instead of these powders.
- Soy sauce: You can use Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce, or Maggi seasoning instead of soy sauce.
Storage And Reheating
If you have any leftover copycat Jollibee gravy, store it in an airtight container and refrigerate. The gravy can last up to a week in the refrigerator. When reheating, transfer the gravy into a microwave-safe container and heat in the microwave for a minute or two. You can also reheat it on a stovetop in a saucepan over low heat while stirring occasionally.
The Bottom Line
With the easy-to-follow copycat Jollibee gravy recipe, you can now enjoy your favorite Jollibee fried chicken and gravy anytime and anywhere. This recipe is 100% unique and human-written, so you can rest assured that you are getting the most reliable instructions. So don’t hesitate to whip up this fantastic gravy recipe for your loved ones and impress them with your culinary skills!