Transform Those Frozen Potstickers Into An Easy, Steamy Wonton Soup
Are you tired of the same old potstickers as a quick dinner option? Do you want to spice things up and add some variety to your meal? Look no further than transforming your frozen potstickers into a delicious and easy wonton soup.
Wonton soup is a classic Chinese dish that is typically served as an appetizer, but it can also be a hearty main course. The broth is flavorful and comforting, and the wontons add a satisfying texture and taste. By using your frozen potstickers, you can cut down on prep time and still enjoy a savory bowl of wonton soup.
– 1 package of frozen potstickers
– 6 cups of chicken broth
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
– 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
– 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
– 2 cloves of minced garlic
– 1 sliced green onion
– Optional: chopped vegetables such as bok choy or sliced mushrooms
1. In a large pot, add the chicken broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, grated ginger, and minced garlic. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
2. Add any optional vegetables to the pot and let them simmer in the broth for a few minutes until they are tender.
3. Add the frozen potstickers to the pot and let them cook for 5-7 minutes until they are heated through and softened.
4. Serve the soup hot with sliced green onions on top.
Tips For Making The Best Wonton Soup With Frozen Potstickers
– Choose high-quality frozen potstickers that are made with fresh ingredients. Look for brands that are free from preservatives and artificial flavorings.
– Customize the soup to your liking by adding in different vegetables or protein. Shredded chicken, shrimp, or tofu are all great options to add to the soup.
– Be sure to let the soup simmer on low heat so that the flavors have time to meld together. This will make for a more flavorful broth.
– If the soup is too salty for your taste, add a bit of water or plain broth to the pot to dilute the flavor.
– You can also adjust the seasoning by adding more soy sauce or rice vinegar to the broth.
Health Benefits Of Wonton Soup
Wonton soup is not only delicious, but it also has a variety of health benefits. The broth is hydrating and can help to soothe a sore throat or cough. The ginger and garlic in the soup are both anti-inflammatory and can boost the immune system. Additionally, wontons are a good source of protein and can help to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
Transforming your frozen potstickers into a warm and comforting wonton soup is a great way to change up your dinner routine. With a few simple ingredients and a little bit of prep time, you can have a flavorful and satisfying meal. Experiment with different garnishes and seasonings to make the recipe your own. Happy cooking!